Saturday, November 13, 2010

Some Disassembly Required

DSC01320

Hi Everyone

Well, it has begun.  I have decided to take the car all the way down to the frame and restore it from the bottom up.  This decision was not arrived at lightly as I may end up with a whole pile of parts and nothing to show for it. The internet is littered with “project cars” for sale.   However, I do have the memory of how fun it was to drive around in this fall driving me forward.  I would *love* to have it back on the road come spring but I don’t know if that is a pipe dream or not.  There is some body work to do and of course the painting…. 

So far the “garage in a box” is holding up well.  I have a small heater out there and after about 15 min it takes the bit off.  Now, it hasn't been “really” cold yet so the jury is still out on how this will work in a few months time.   I do have the basement for smaller rebuild projects so I have that to fall back on as well.

These pictures are from about two weeks ago.   Last weekend I removed left from panel, the bonnet, windshield, and most of the stuff from the heater shelf.   Then I tackled the dash and all the instruments.  I was able to get all that stuff removed in pretty short order.  This weekend I hope to finish off the front and start moving backwards…   More pictures to follow.

DSC01310 DSC01311 DSC01312 DSC01313 DSC01314 DSC01317

No comments:

Post a Comment