Friday, November 26, 2010

There’s a hole in the MG dear Liza…

One of the items that I needed to check before pulling the “tub” off the chassis was the sills under the rocker covers along each side of the car.  These basically hold the front of the car to the rear.  Everyone online was indicating that I needed to check this even if the silts looked good on each end.   I was skeptical since the ends looked great and to do this I needed to drill out all the spot welds.  Since the rocker covers needed replacing anyway I decided that caution was the better part of valor and I *really* didn't want to end up with a MG sandwich when I wend to lift off the body.  Once I had all the spot welds drilled out I was shocked at what I found…

DSC01346

On the outside

 

DSC01367

On the inside…

DSC01371 

So its full stop on lifting the body until I get these sills replaced…  

Time to learn some welding skills…

1 comment:

  1. Chin up - Rome wasn't built in a day, and think of all those fun times to come...! Geoff.

    ReplyDelete